This is the first time since the lockdown in the state that young children have got entry in the school.
The threat of a second wave of corona infection in Maharashtra is almost averted. However, state health minister Rajesh Tope said on Wednesday that the third wave may arrive by December. Despite this, it has been decided to open schools for students of classes 1st to 4th in rural areas of Maharashtra and class 1st to 7th in urban areas.
The Child Task Force in collaboration with the Cabinet Department of Health had already approved the proposal to start the school. Students will have to follow the Corona rules even when school starts. The entire responsibility of enforcing the rules will be on the teachers.
State government’s SOP regarding opening of schools
- Full vaccination of all teachers will be mandatory. The District Collector should make a plan in this regard. The Chief Executive Officer, Zilla Parishad/Commissioner, Municipal Corporation/Chief Officer, Municipal Council and Education Officer will work and take action in this regard in association with the District Collector.
- The parents of the students should not be allowed inside the school premises to avoid the crowd.
- All the rules related to Kovid should be strictly followed.
- Classes should be conducted in two batches in schools with large number of students.
- Maximum 15-20 students will be allowed to sit in a class.
- It has been made mandatory for all students to wash hands frequently with soap, use of masks, send home students with any symptoms and immediate corona test.
- If a student is found infected, the headmaster should immediately close the school and sanitize the school.
- The teachers of the concerned school should make arrangements to stay in the same city/village as far as possible or they should take care not to use the public transport system as much as possible.
There is more news…