7 July 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as mobile app for fish farmers, active volcano in Manila and Odisha’s major steel-making projects among others.
1. Legendary actor Dilip Kumar passed away at 98 on July 7, 2021. He will be remembered for the iconic role he played in which among the following films?
a) Mother India
c) Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam
2. Who among the following has not resigned as a Cabinet Minister?
a) Ravi Shankar Prasad
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Harsh Vardan
d) Nirmala Sitharaman
3. Which mobile app has been launched to educate fish farmers?
4. Which volcano is expected to erupt near Manila in the Phillippines?
5. Which among the following nations is planning to end its lockdown on July 19th and lift all mask and social distancing rules?
6. Which state has approved 5 major steel-making projects worth Rs 1.46 lakh crore?
c) Madhya Pradesh
7. Which state government has decided to develop a corridor connecting three tiger reserves?
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (b) Mughal-E-Azam
Legendary Actor Dilip Kumar Passes Away: Iconic Actor Dilip Kumar breathed his last today (7th July 2021) morning at the Hinduja Hospital. The actor was known among his peers as the Tragedy King and some of the iconic roles portrayed by him on the big screen in films like Mughal-e-Azam and Devdas will be etched in the memories of the fans forever.
2. (d) Nirmala Sitharaman
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is one of the few senior Cabinet Ministers to have retained her post. Several other Union Ministers including IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal resigned on July 7, 2021.
3. (d) Matsya
Union Minister for Fisheries & Animal Husbandry Giriraj Singh launched an Online Course Mobile App “Matsya Setu” for fish farmers on July 6, 2021. The online course app mainly aims to educate the fish farmers in the country with the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies.
4. (c) Taal
Philippine scientists warned on July 4, 2021 that Taal, a volcano to the south of Manila could erupt again “anytime soon” as toxic gas emissions hit a record high. This has forced thousands of people from vulnerable communities to flee from their homes.
5. (b) UK
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on July 5, 2021, announced that all COVID-19 lockdown restrictions including wearing face masks, social distancing, and work from home will end on July 19, 2021, in England. The final decision to lifting the ban will be announced on July 12.
6. (a) Odisha
Odisha’s 26th High-Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) headed by CM Naveen Patnaik on July 6, 2021 issued in-principle approval to five major industrial projects worth Rs 1,46,172 crores in metal and metal downstream sectors in line with Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik’s ‘Vision 2030’ of making Odisha ‘Steel Hub of India’.
7. (b) Rajasthan
After the declaration of Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary as the fourth Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, the state government has been planning on developing a tiger corridor connecting three Tiger Reserves passing through districts including Sawai Madhopur, Kota, and Bundi.