1 August to 8 August 2021: The Weekly Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The week’s updated current affairs quiz covers topics such as new digital payment, world’s richest man and Ayodhya’s Grand Ram Temple among others.
1. What is the name of the new digital payment solution launched recently by PM Narendra Modi?
2. Who overtook Jeff Bezos to become the world’s richest man as per Forbes Real-time Billionaires list on August 6, 2021?
a) Elon Musk
b) Bill Gates
c) Bernard Arnault & Family
d) Mark Zuckerberg
3. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been rechristened to honour which Indian sporting legend?
a) Milkha Singh
b) Dhyan Chand
c) Kapil Dev
d) PT Usha
4. Which state’s Chief Minister has announced Educational Empowerment Fund?
d) Madhya Pradesh
5. When is Ayodhya’s Grand Ram Temple expected to be open to devotees?
a) December 2023
b) January 2023
c) May 2022
d) October 2022
6. India’s first earthquake early warning mobile app has been launched for which state?
7. What is the name of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier that has begun its maiden sea trials?
a) INS Vikrant
b) INS Akash
c) INS Shakti
d) INS Triveni
8. Which day is marked as Hiroshima Day?
a) August 5th
b) August 6th
c) August 7th
d) August 8th
9. Which state reported its first-ever Zika Virus case?
c) Tamil Nadu
10. What is the Rajya Sabha rule under which anyone can issue a notice to the Chairperson seeking to set aside the house’s listed business to discuss any subject raised by one or more members?
a) Rule 158
b) Rule 267
c) Rule 256
d) Rule 298
11. Ebrahim Raisi has been inaugurated as which nation’s new President?
12. Which year did the Indian men’s hockey team last win a medal in the Olympics?
1. (a) e-RUPI
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched e-RUPI, an electronic voucher promoting digital payment solution, through video conferencing on August 2, 2021. e-RUPI is a prepaid, cashless and contactless instrument for digital payment. It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-Voucher, which can be sent on the mobile of the beneficiaries.
2. (c) Bernard Arnault & Family
Bernard Arnault, French Tycoon, the Chairman and the CEO of the French Luxury Conglomerate LVHM Moet Hennessy- Louis Vuitton, became the richest man in the world after Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos net worth fell $13.9 billion in a day on August 6, 2021.
3. (b) Dhyan Chand
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been renamed as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. The highest sporting honour in the country which was named after the former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi has been rechristened in the honour of Hockey wizard Dhyan Chand.
4. (a) Kerala
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on August 4, 2021, announced that an Educational Empowerment Fund as a part of the Vidyakiranam initiative will be set up to offer digital services and tools such as laptops or tablets to ensure digital education for all students. The Fund will be like the Disaster Relief Fund.
5. (a) December 2023
The Ram Temple being built in the Ayodhya will be open to devotees by December 2023. The entire construction work of the temple is scheduled to be completed by 2025.
6. (d) Uttarakhand
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee informed on August 4, 2021, that it has launched the ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp alert’ app, which is India’s first Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) mobile app.
7. (a) INS Vikrant
India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant began its much-awaited sea trials on August 4, 2021. INS Vikrant is the largest and most complex warship built in the country.
8. (b) August 6th
Hiroshima Day is marked by Japan every year on August 6. The day aims at raising awareness about the devastating power of the atomic bomb which was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ending the Second World war.
9. (b) Maharashtra
Maharashtra reported its first-ever Zika virus case on August 1, 2021 after a 50-year-old woman from Belsar village in Purandar tehsil (Pune) was diagnosed with the infection.
10. (b) Rule 267
Under Rajya Sabha’s Rule 267, any member, with the consent of the Chairperson, can issue a notice seeking to set aside the upper house’s listed business of the day to discuss the subject raise by one or more members.
11. (b) Iran
Ultra-conservative cleric and judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi was inaugurated as Iran’s eighth president on August 3, 2021. Ebrahim Raisi replaces moderate President Hassan Rouhani who was not allowed run for a third consecutive term by the Iranian constitution. He congratulated the people for their choice after Raisi’s win.
12. (c) 1980
Indian men’s hockey team created history on August 5, 2021 by winning the bronze medal after a stunning 5-4 victory over Germany in the bronze medal match at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020. The Indian men’s hockey team had last won the gold medal in the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games.